Pandan chiffon for tomorrow breakfast
Using pandan juice extract… so fragrant!
Today color is really pandan green 💚
3 eggs yolks
25 ml canola oil
35 ml pandan juice extract ( dark green part after u let your pandan juice sit in fridge for 1-2 days)
45 ml coconut milk
75 g cake flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
4 egg white
65g castor sugar
1. In a mixing bowl, add the pandan juice extra, coconut milk and oil and mix till combine.
2. Sieve the cake flour into the mixture follow by the salt and hand whisk till mix well.
3. Add in the 3 egg yolks last and whisk till mixture is smooth and set it aside.
4. In another mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites until foamy before adding in the cream of tartar and continue whisking until soft peaks. Gradually add the sugar in until firm peak is form.
5. Divide meringue into 3 parts and fold into the egg yolk mixture till well combined.
6. Pour the mixture into a 18cm tube pan. Lift and drop the pan a few times to remove the large air bubbles.
7. Bake at preheat oven of 150°C 30mins, 170c for 5-7min.
8. Once baked, lift and drop the pan 1-2 times before invert the pan and cool the cake completely before unmoulding.